Friday, November 28, 2008

Recipe Report Card

I survived--with aplomb. I'm proud of my tiny Brooklyn brownstone kitchen.
Recipes get an A+.

A few tips:

* Butternut & Granny Smith Apple Soup: easy, easy, easy to make...but requires a lot of chopping. So make sure you've got a really good knife. And try to buy the butternut squash pre-cut. Make sure the package says 3 lbs. I bought 1.87 pounds and had to cut up another one at the last minute (only used 1/2 of another one). Sprinkle nutmeg as a garnish.

* Broccoli with bread crumble: I used Progresso Italian breadcrumbs instead of the white breadcrumbs...works just as well, extra tasty. Save the leftover breadcrumbs in the fridge (remember, you used butter!) and make turkey cutlets the weekend after T-giving.

* Turkey with Sage Butter: INSANE! Absolutely delicious.

No comments: